|You Are 89% Sexy|
Your Sex Appeal Is: Off the Charts!
Let's face it... you're one of the sexiest people around. And you don't let anyone forget it.
You're crazy hot, and you deliver on what you promise. You are definitely one wild ride.
- Current Location:Just Us
- Current Mood: Achy
- Current Music:That's All - Michael Buble
THESE ARE IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER
2. Learn to play the guitar (5 pieces/songs constitutes “learned”)
5. Face these 5 different fears.
6. Learn to knit, and make at least one item that isn't a square block.
12. Learn how to ski.
13. Walk/Jog/Run 3 times a week for 2 months, then increase to every day if possible, but never going lower than the 3 days a week (track at the gym or a treadmill is acceptable on shitty days)
14. Buy set of personal weights and use them.
15. Buy a yoga DVD (Beginner please!) and practice in my living room three times a week for a month, either first thing in the morning or before bed to relax me. Then, continue whenever time permits.
17. Do sit-ups, crunches, whatever exercise it takes to lessen the Buddha belly. Wear a bikini as soon as I feel comfortable.
18. Have a spa weekend (either alone or with a friend)
19. Get a one-hour massage
20. Get up by 6 every morning for at least one month.
21. Go to bed before midnight every night for a month.
22. Go camping.
23. Go fishing. Eat what I catch (cooked over a campfire).
25. Give to charity every 6 months.
27. Teach someone something.
28. Meet my “niece”.
29. Visit uncles and aunts in Massachusetts. (Yay Nantucket?)
31. Cook dinner for friends once a month for at least 6 months (Spaghetti and meatballs doesn’t count unless I make my homemade sauce)
32. Go on a blind date.
34. Meet at least one person that I’ve only ever talked to online.
35. Have a coffee date with someone I’ve lost touch with over the years.
36. Live in another country for at least a month.
37. Read a new book a month (i.e. no rereading so I can skim the boring parts because I know what happens)
38. Read at least 10 books on Oprah’s book list.
39. Buy 20 movies that I like to watch more than once.
40. Buy some board games (at least 5) and have a game night once a month with friends.
41. Throw a party.
42. Read a book about a subject I know nothing about.
43. Read a book about a subject I know a lot about.
44. Learn to mix 25 different drinks without using a bartender’s manual. (Rum and coke doesn’t count)
45. Visit the top of the Statue of Liberty.
46. Drive a convertible with the top down and the music loud.
48. Ask someone out on a date.
50. Go to Italy and spend some time in the kitchen of an authentic Italian restaurant.
51. Learn to water-ski.
52. Move to Halifax. (Or a city... Halifax just happens to be close to all my friends)
54. "Edit my possessions" – get rid of my tchotchkes that just take up space. Donate at least 2 decent sized boxes to Salvation Army (or something like that.)
55. Furnish my living room with BRAND NEW furniture (loveseat, at least one chair, TV)
56. Get a car, no older than 1996 but preferably 2000+.
57. Pay off my credit card totally. Don’t use it during the time it’s being paid off and only use it for emergencies. Once a month, treat myself (and sometimes a friend) to a movie and popcorn (the only non-emergency allowed)
58. Go one week without spending any money.
59. Start a retirement fund. Add to it.
60. Actually put money into my bank account and leave it there for a rainy day.
64. Take an exotic dance class.
67. Stop drinking carbonated drinks for 3 months.
68. Try a new food every month.
69. Eat no candy for a month (Zip. Zero. NADA)
70. Drink a glass of fresh juice (made with my juicer) every day for two weeks.
71. Eat something for breakfast every day for a month (even if it’s just a bagel… having just a cup of coffee doesn’t count.)
72. Have a cup of tea before bed every night for a month.
73. Write a short story and submit it to a magazine (scan rejection letter and post on Facebook)
74. Write a new poem every week for three months (Getting some published would be cool too)
75. Give up coffee for a month.
76. Make a dress (gown).
77. Tell someone I love them (and REALLY mean it… in THAT way)
78. Make something functional on a pottery wheel.
79. Create a work of art that I can display in my apartment (style of art yet to be determined)
81. Sell something on eBay.
82. Take ballroom dance lessons.
84. Talk to someone famous.
85. Fire a gun.
86. Go for a ride on a motorbike.
89. Be on TV (Not “America’s Most Wanted”)
90. Get 2 sets of glamour photos taken (one I’d send to mom, one I wouldn’t *wink*)
92. Fly a plane.
93. Take a ride in an air balloon.
95. Swim with a dolphin.
97. Stay in a fancy hotel and order room service.
98. Learn to drive standard.
99. Play roulette at Casino Nova Scotia.
***Edit: I have crossed off the things I have accomplished to date... ***
- Current Location:Library
- Current Mood: accomplished
Well, I've finished my menu. It's printed, costed and ready for the dining room. I present my menu on February 1st at 5:30. I'm freaking out a little.
Here is my menu:
Seafood Cioppino $6.50
A lovely tomato and wine stew containing mussels, clams, shrimp, and scallops.
Butternut Squash and Apple Cider Bisque $5.00
Butternut Squash, Apple Cider and Chinese Five-Spice make this a delight for the tongue.
“Bloody Mary” Bouillon $4.50
Tomato broth with a splash of vodka and Tabasco and salted whipped cream.
Poached Pear and Prosciutto Salad $6.50
Mixed greens tossed in apple vinaigrette, topped by smoked Prosciutto and pears poached in ginger tea and a sprinkling of toasted pine nuts
Salad of Tomatoes, Bocconcini and Basil $5.50
Layers of juicy tomato slices, fresh mozzarella and basil leaves, a light drizzle of olive oil and a touch of sea salt and pepper.
Baby Spinach and Mandarin orange Salad $5.50
Spinach and mandarin oranges tossed in cranberry vinaigrette. Topped by shaved parmesan and chopped walnuts.
**All meals served with Irish Soda Bread and Herbed Breadsticks, with choice of Roasted red pepper spread or Diablo butter**
Beef Tenderloin in Raspberry sauce $22.00
Pan seared peppered beef tenderloin on a pool of sweet raspberry sauce, barley pilaf, and medley of roasted vegetables.
Rosemary and pine nut crusted Rack of Lamb and Port scented jus $23.00
A marriage between lamb and rosemary and a light sauce, barley pilaf, steamed spinach and roasted parsnips.
Herb-roasted Pork and Orange-Jalapeño sauce $21.50
Tender pork loin and sweet & spicy sauce, basil goat cheese potatoes, and medley of roasted vegetables.
Cinnamon Cornish Hen and Balsamic glaze $19.00
Oven roasted hen and a balsamic reduction finish, roasted potatoes, orange asparagus and carrot ragout.
Triple Banana Trifle $6.00
Secret recipe banana bread, banana custard, and caramelized banana make this dessert a triple threat.
Lime Cheesecake $5.50
Rich, velvety cheesecake, sitting atop a ginger cookie crust
Deconstructed Crema Catalana $5.00
Lemon curd in a honey-vanilla tuile and toasted sugar ice cream put a new spin on an old favorite.
If any of you have the means and want to come to Kingstec to eat, lemme know and I'll give you the number so you can make a reservation.
So, yeah, fever, dizziness, and a trampoline at the bottom of my stomach for the food to jump right back up into my throat make Vicky a miserable Vicky. I'm beginning to feel better. I think I'll be able to go to school tomorrow without vomitting on anyone. No promises about the bus ride though. Oh well, the bus trolls won't talk to me if they think I'll puke on them *devilish grin*
I might be going to England with Uncle Steve after I graduate! He frequently goes there for business and he always has the option of an extra ticket for my aunt, who would rather eat bugs than get on a plane so I might get to head overseas with him and take in some sights while he goes about his business. OMG I love this. I really hope I can go. He's actually going to ask his boss if it's allowable, since I'm not his wife... hahaha... if she saw me, she'd swear I was his daughter! We'll see how that goes. I might even be able to persuade him to leave me there when he comes home. That way I can travel all over Europe for a while. First, and maybe only stop-->Italy... I don't give a shit about the rest of it right now.
- Current Location:Just Us
- Current Mood: crappy
- Current Music:Josh Groban - You Raise Me Up
So, first day back to class, we did fuck all but watch the entier first season of The Next Great Chef (holy shit, I totally know the guy who was the next great chef from Nova Scotia) and then a show about El Bulli, a "fuck with your mind while giving you the best culinary experience you've ever had" restaurant in Spain. That's some fucked up shit right there... like break your brain in half fucked up. Awesome though... if I were to make a reservation now, the earliest I could get in would be mid 2009.
So, now I have a hefty homework assignment. I have to rewrite all my recipes for my menu, cost them out to figure out the portion cost and then the total cost of my menu overall, with 20 portions of each item, at least. I hate math and I don't like that I have to rewrite my recipes, but hey, if I don't do, it, I don't get a mark. I really wanted mahi-mahi on my menu, but apparently it's too hard to get in for us right now. Dammit all to hell.
Working 4 out of 5 nights a week now and I'm on call for the 5th night so blah. At least I'm making some money though! More updates as they occur (don't hold your breath, nothing happens to me). Toodles!
- Current Location:Just Us
- Current Mood: tired
- Current Music:Michael Buble: Home
|Your New Year's Resolutions|
1) Get a pet hairless cat
2) Eat more Twizzlers
3) Travel to Italy
4) Study time travel
5) Get in shape with Dance Dance Revolution
- Current Mood: exhausted
I got my proof of Canadian citizenship, SIN and a job that gives me a paycheck!
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any resolutions in 2006... resolutions are meant to be broken, so what's the point?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my bestest friend Monica (i.e. unofficial sister) gave birth to a baby girl in March
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None... that's what 2007 is for!
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Relationships... friends and "other"... travel, happiness, less stress, fun...
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 20th, 2006, the day I got a phone call from Citizenship and Immigration telling me that my application was approved and I was now a legal Canadian citizen.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finally letting go of things I never thought I could.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Holding onto things I really shouldn't.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yup... this has been a bad year for that... depression, ulcers, dislocated joints, stab wounds...
11. What was the best thing you bought?
You mean a physical thing? My laptop... $900 buckos! Other than that, paying for school by myself this year was kinda huge :)
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
OMG too many to mention
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My father's... 60 years old and it was like tending to an overgrown and very hairy child who just wouldn't listen :(
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My dad leaving, getting my first ever legal paycheck, dating a certain someone again I hope *fingers crossed*
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Save The Last Dance For Me - Michael Buble... I've kinda worn out a couple of CDs
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner
iii. richer or poorer? richer
And it's only the 2nd!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Partying, hanging out with friends
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Working for Wally
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent part of it with Doug and the rest of it relaxing, thankful to have some downtime finally.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
No. I kinda fell in like (good answer kayte... I will "borrow" this answer)
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
I haven't watched TV in months
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
The Da Vinci Code... way to stick it to the Christians!
27. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I'll edit this later
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 23, and worked for 8 hours
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Uniform :) An ugly one :)
34. What kept you sane?
Quiet time. Music. Friends. Music. My cats. Music. Did I mention music?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I didn't have time to pay attention last year
37. Who did you miss?
Monica, Mom, Steve, and regrettably, Ryan (but not for long)
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Doug... Wolfville's coolest cop :) And by far the cutest :)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
When you're low, sometimes the only way to get help is to ask for it. And my friends and colleagues are the best a girl could get. You helped me make it to 2007.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
For once in my life
I have someone who needs me
Someone I've needed so long
For once unafraid
I can go where life leads me
And somehow I know I'll be strong
For once I can touch
What my heart used to dream of
Long before I knew
Someone warm like you
Could make my dreams come true
For once in my life
I won't let sorrow hurt me
Not like it's hurt me before, oh
For once I've got someone
I know won't desert me
'Cause I'm not alone anymore
For once I can say
This is mine, you can't take it
As long as I've got love I know I can make it
For once in my life
I've got someone who needs me
Stevie, Tony and Michael so GET me :)
- Current Location:Just Us
- Current Mood: satisfied
- Current Music:Michael Buble: For Once In My Life
|You Are 68% Democrat|
You have a good deal of donkey running through your blood, and you're proud to be liberal.
You don't fit every Democrat stereotype, but you definitely belong in the Democrat party.
Fucking Right! My grandparents (dad's folks) would HATE me if they were still alive. Mom's folks would love me because my dad's parents hated me... heehee
So, yeah, my citizenship application came through and as soon as I get my card (which is Monday morning!!) I'm going to HR to get my SOCIAL INSURANCE NUMBER SO I CAN GET PAID AT WORK!!!!
I've asked to be cut back to 2 shifts a week because I'll never be able to keep up with my homework. My chef was super nice about it, not even having to think about it before he said "sure, no problem. School comes first". Awesome guy.
Anyway, I'm tired. Going to bed.
- Current Location:Home
- Current Mood: exhausted
- Current Music:Michael Buble: Kissing A Fool